Do you want to make Perfect Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs a dozen at a time? Maybe you’ve got a bunch of leftover Easter Eggs to use. Below, you’ll get a special video with my Magical Easy Peel tip and 21 different meal and recipe ideas for using up those extra hard boiled eggs.
Every year at Easter, we end up making 4 dozen dyed eggs. Why 4 dozen? Well, I have 4 kids at home and they each want to dye a dozen eggs each. Does that happen at your house? I really wonder if I’m the only one.
There’s a problem, though.
My kids don’t like to eat hard-boiled eggs.
And, I kinda like them, but it’s pretty hard to eat 4 dozen eggs without having an intense need to start praying to the porcelain gods.
But, I’m wayyyy too frugal to throw them out, so I’ve gotta get creative.
Here, I’ll share with you a bunch of ideas for using them up.
My Magical Trick to Peel Hard Boiled Eggs
For this, you’ve got to watch the video. It will Blow You Away! Why haven’t I known about this all my life? It could have helped me peel, I don’t know, maybe 5,964 eggs during the course of my life.
Related Post You’ll Like – Super Easy Egg Peeling Hack
This post contains affiliate links. This supports my family and allows me to keep providing you with great resources. You can trust that I only promote products I love or would use myself. Read my full disclosure for more details.
How to Make Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
Making Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs is so easy you won’t believe it. Follow these steps:
- Place the rack in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Stack 1 dozen eggs like a pyramid. Don’t worry about them touching each other – it works fine.
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot.
- Replace lid and seal vent.
- Press Manual button and decrease time to 4 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, let it sit and release pressure naturally.
- Vent, and remove lid.
- Eat right away or save in the refrigerator. No need to worry about shocking in ice water. Mine have always peeled easily when you follow the trick above.
Be sure to store your hard boiled eggs in a tightly sealed container in your refrigerator. Many containers will let the odor leak out and we all know – that’s not too pretty. I have found that glass containers work much better than plastic. Here are the ones I like to use.
Related Post You’ll Like: Eggs – Supper Budget Stretcher
Ways to Use Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
1. Creamed Eggs on Toast – My mom would make this when I was growing up and I loved it. I remember her saving a yolk to grate on top to make it so pretty.
2. Hard Boiled Egg Breakfast Casserole – When I gave birth to my twin girls, members of the twins club brought me dinner for 2 weeks. It was incredible!!! This casserole is so close to a one that was brought to me. It had Swiss cheese instead of cheddar. Mmmm give it a try.
3. Potato Salad – Use your favorite recipe, but add extra eggs.
4. Chicken Supreme Casserole with Hard Boiled Eggs – This is an easy way to hide the eggs.
5. Chef Salad
6. Get Creative with your Deviled Eggs – Make some Spicy Bloody Mary Deviled Eggs
7. We all know about Egg Salad, but how about mixing it up a bit? Check out these Egg Salad Recipes.
8. Green Eggs and Ham – This one will get some veggies in you and use up those eggs.
9. Put them inside meatloaf
10. Pickle them so they’ll stay fresh for a long time.
11. Ham Egg and Cheese Breakfast Quesadillas – I’m sure my kids would even love this. Who doesn’t love melted cheese?
12. Gluten-Free Breakfast Casserole – White sauce, shredded potatoes, cheese and bacon. Who would even notice the hard-boiled eggs?
13. Shrimp and Crab Louie Salad – Mmmm, this is an amazing salad.
14. Baked Scotch Eggs – We love to eat sausage around here, breakfast and italian. I don’t like to fry foods, though, so having this recipe baked instead is really exciting.
15. Hard Boiled Eggs Benedict – Like the classic version, but without the runny yolk. Makes it easy to make ahead.
16. Smoked Salmon Toast – My kids love smoked salmon so much that I may be able to pull this one off, even for them.
17. Macaroni Salad – I have one daughter that loves, loves, loves macaroni salad. This will be a hit.
18. Avocado Egg Toast – Just spread avocado on your toast then top with sliced hard-boiled eggs, salt and pepper.
19. Hard-Boiled Egg Casserole – Oh, yeah! Covered in cheese and potato chips? Can it get any better?
20. Chocolate Chip Cookies – What the what? Yeah, now this … I’m gonna try. If you try first, tell me all about it.
21. This one is Deviled Eggs – 12 Different Ways
Now that you know how to make those Instant Pot hard boiled eggs, I’m hoping you feel a little better about how to use them up. Especially since you’ll be making them all the time. And, why not? They’re so easy to make and amazing!
Check out my Other Instant Pot Posts
- 11 Most Common Instant Pot Mistakes
- 5 Instant Pot Tips to Save You Time
- 5-Ingredient Instant Pot Black Bean Soup
- Instant Pot Tender Rotisserie Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Stock for Free
- 5 Ways With Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
Make sure you sign up to get my FREE Instant Pot download.