Did you know that you can make Instant Pot Hotel Room Meals? If you’re trying to save money on your family road trip, you’ll love using your Instant Pot to prepare meals in your hotel room.
When we took our big 4,000 mile family road trip, I knew it was going to be expensive. We had to worry about hotel expenses, gas, entertainment, and food just for starters. I was trying to cut costs anywhere I could so I decided that we should cook as often as possible in our hotel.
Related: Family Road Trip Meal Ideas
But … just because I wanted to save money, it didn’t mean I wanted to spend a bunch of time cooking.
This was vacation, you know.
I also didn’t want to be eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or crackers and cheese every day. While I have one son that would be pleased as pie if we did that, my tastes are a little too grown-up to handle it.
So after spending some time researching and planning, I realized I could make hotel room meals in an Instant Pot that are easy, healthy, and delicious.
This post contains affiliate links. This supports my family and allows me to keep providing you with great resources. You can trust that I only promote products I love or would use myself. Read my full disclosure for more details.
How to Choose Instant Pot Hotel Room Meals
We each may have different criteria, but for our family this is how I went about choosing meals.
- I didn’t want to pack too many ingredients, so I needed to be able to use just a few things grabbed from the store.
- The preparation (cutting, mixing, etc.) needed to be quick.
- It needed to require just the supplies carried in my Hotel Room Kitchen Kit.
- It had to be fast, because the quicker it was made, the quicker we could relax or get in the pool.
Related: Super Fun Road Trip Kids Activities
Why the Instant Pot?
While some people use a slow cooker or rice cooker for hotel room cooking, I think the Instant Pot is a much better choice. Why? Because it is multi-functional. It works as a rice cooker, slow cooker and pressure cooker. It can also saute and steam. If we’re going to be checked into a hotel all day long, then the slow cooker function works out awesome. After a day of sightseeing we can come back to our room and have a dinner already hot and ready.
Most traveling days we planned to check into our room around 5 pm so we had enough time to pressure cook or saute something in the Instant Pot and eat at just the right time.
And, as an extra bonus: use these slow cooker liners to make clean-up really easy when slow-cooking.
Here’s the Instant Pot I have. Just click the image to read more about it.
Check out my dinner ideas below. You’ll see that there are a lot of options and they may even spark several ideas of your own.
Batch-Cooked Shredded Chicken
Batch-Cooked Shredded Chicken is extremely versatile. Once it’s cooked, keep it in a Ziploc bag in your hotel fridge or your cooler and you’ll have quick meals ready in no time. Here are some ideas.
- Chinese chicken salad – pick up a salad kit and mix in your chicken
- Chicken Burritos – wrap it in a tortilla with salsa, cheese, refried beans, etc.
- Cold Chicken Salad Sandwiches – use your favorite chicken salad recipe on sandwiches
- BBQ Chicken Buns – Mix BBQ sauce into your chicken and eat it on buns
It’s so simple to make potatoes in your Instant Pot. Just follow my friend’s recipe for Instant Pot Baked Potatoes and you’ll have potatoes to top with anything you like.
- Topped with canned chili and cheese
- Serve topped with your shredded chicken
- Use Hormel Refrigerator Dinners Beef and Gravy, Turkey and Gravy,
Brown some ground beef in your Instant Pot and mix in a taco packet according to the packet instructions. Then make the following meals.
- Taco Salad – mix with salad, tomatoes, cheese, salsa, etc. in a big bowl
- Burritos – add to your favorite ingredients and wrap in a tortilla
- Put on a baked potato or rice
Cook your favorite kind of rice in your Instant Pot and serve with the ingredients below for a great dinner.
- Top with shredded chicken and teriyaki sauce
- Serve with turkey lunch meat and warmed gravy
- Make a burrito bowl with black beans, salsa, and cheese
When you serve a tasty soup, all you need to go alongside is a loaf of french bread, some saltines, or a bag of tortilla chips.
- Make 5-Ingredient Black Bean Soup
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 7-Can Soup from The Pioneer Woman
- 5-Ingredient Lemon Chicken Soup from The Pinning Mama
- Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Soup by The Pinning Mama
After looking at these recipes, you may be thinking that we don’t eat any vegetables, but the truth is, there are a lot of veggies and fruits that we serve along with these meals. Some of our go-to sides are:
- Steam-in-bag frozen veggies
- Canned veggies
- Carrot Sticks
- Any fresh cut up veggies
- Fruit Cups
It really is quite easy to make all kinds of hotel room meals in your Instant Pot. And, best of all, it will save you lots of money on your road trip since eating out is so expensive. You also get to control the nutrition and calories of the food you’re eating.
I hope you’re willing to try these out the next time you take a road trip. And, make sure to let me know how it goes.
Instant Pot Soup Formula
With this Free Instant Pot Soup Formula, you'll be able to make all different kinds of soup without a recipe. Make good use of the ingredients in your fridge and even become a master at designing your very own recipes. Get it FREE.