It can be so hard to find last-minute Christmas gifts for the people you love. It seems no matter how hard we try to get things done early, there’s always some last-minute shopping to do in order to complete your Christmas list. We also have to stick to a budget if we don’t want to pay the price in January.
So, about now, the pressure is mounting and it seems nearly impossible to accomplish everything on your list. There are holiday parties to attend, cookies to bake, school programs to attend, visiting family and friends, entertaining company, all that Christmas shopping to do. And, that’s why you’re going to love these Last Minute Christmas Gift ideas.
I get it, I really do.
This time of year I start getting overrun with thoughts about the perfect gifts to get for my family and friends. Sometimes, it’s overwhelming. There are times I know just what someone wants or needs and sometimes I have absolutely no idea.
Giving these meaningful gifts will help you put the J O Y of giving back in the season.
This post contains affiliate links. This supports my family and allows me to keep providing you with great resources. You can trust that I only promote products I love or would use myself. Read my full disclosure for more details.
If you don’t have Amazon Prime yet, you can sign up for a FREE Trial right here. Get it for 30 days free and take advantage of all the great and amazing Deals. Feel free to cancel at anytime after you give it a shot.
Giving the Gift of Time
There’s also the problem of possibly adding just one more thing to an already cluttered house, or one more thing that sits in someone’s closet. There is a solution to all this and that is the gift of T I M E. Our time can be so much more meaningful than another scarf, CD, gadget, or trinket. Time is more valuable than anything we can buy, so how about giving it as a gift?
How to Give the Gift of Time
In order to do this well, start by figuring out where someone is struggling the most. Do they work full time and then spend all weekend running errands? Is preparing family meals difficult? Do they have a hard time with driving? Are they lonely? You can do something meaningful by filling in the gaps of their life and you can build your relationship at the same time.
You may be thinking … How can I give my time when I don’t even have enough for myself? I understand. One way to make this work is to include someone in something you’re already going to be doing. And, I’ve created some Gift of Time coupons for you to fill out and give. Many of these can be redeemed in the future … when you have more time available.
Here are some ideas of how to share some of your time and save your budget at the same time.
30 Gift of Time Ideas
For The Adults
- Make someone a meal, bring it to their home and either drop it off or spend the evening with them.
- Invite them to join you for coffee and a walk
- Go to a Botanical Garden Together
- Give a book, then schedule time to read it to them or read it separately and discuss it
- Schedule time to run their errands
- Help with housework or outdoor chores
- Take them to a museum
- Give a free night of babysitting
- Help someone set up their technology: think Facebook, Instagram, Camera, iPhone
- Take them to a ballgame
- Invite someone for a special dinner
- Are you planning to go to a movie? Bring someone along.
- Going to a concert or play? Invite a friend.
- Do you always go shopping on the weekend? Offer to do someone else’s shopping
- Teach someone to make your Grandma’s famous banana bread
For the Kids
- Stomp in the puddles together
- Go Sledding and follow-up with some cocoa
- Have a Game Night
- Plan a Family Slumber Party
- Give a Fancy Dinner Date with Mom or Dad
- Go Bowling together
- Give Coupons to stay up late
- Have a Spa Day (this works for young girls to grandmas)
- Give a teenager driving lessons
- Go out for FroYo
- Make a craft together
- Give a cooking lesson
- Play Disc Golf
- Create a calendar with pre-filled dates
- Plan a Snowball fight
These are just a few ideas, use them to spark even more ideas. Remember … you’re thinking of something meaningful to them and you. Make sure you pin this to come back to later. These gift of time ideas aren’t limited to using just at Christmas. They’ll work all throughout the year.
What to Keep On Hand
It’s helpful to have a few things on hand in order to give these last-minute gifts. Here’s my short list.
Download these Gift of Time coupons to fill out and give to your loved one. Just print them out, fill in the gift and put it in a card envelope. If you’re giving them a gift they’ll redeem in the future, make sure to get it on the calendar right away. It can be easy to give a gift coupon, then forget to get around to honoring it, so whatever you choose to give, make sure to actually plan a time for it.
Use these Gift of Time Coupons for the loved ones on your list.
This year, think about blessing the people in your lives with you … your time. I bet they will love it.
Share in the comments your ideas to add to this list. I plan to update it in the future.
Don't Miss Out!
Do You Want To Get Valuable Tips And Tricks To Make Your Life Easier?
Sign up here and you won't miss a thing.