It can be so hard to find last-minute Christmas gifts for the people you love. It seems no matter how hard we try to get things done early, there’s always some last-minute shopping to do in order to complete your Christmas list. The ideas you’ll find here are meaningful and your family and friends will be so happy to receive them.
This post contains affiliate links. This supports my family and allows me to keep providing you with great resources. You can trust that I only promote products I love or would use myself. Read my full disclosure for more details.
The pressure grows and it seems nearly impossible to accomplish everything on your Christmas to-do list. There are holiday parties, cookies to bake, school programs to attend, visiting family and friends, entertaining company, and all that Christmas shopping.
This time of year I start getting overrun with thoughts about the perfect gifts to get for my family and friends. Sometimes, it’s overwhelming. There are times I know just what someone wants or needs and sometimes I have absolutely no idea.
I always end up needing some last-minute gifts. That’s why I’ve worked hard to come up with some great ideas. You’re going to love these Last Minute Christmas Gift Ideas.
These are meaningful gifts and will help you put the J O Y of giving back in the season.
If you don’t have Amazon Prime yet, you can sign up for a FREE Trial right here. Get it for 30 days free and take advantage of all the great and amazing Deals. Feel free to cancel at any time after you give it a shot.
Giving the Gift of Time
When you’re trying to come up with a last-minute gift, it’s important not to add just one more thing that will sit in someone’s closet.
The best way to keep from adding to someone’s clutter is to give the gift of TIME. Our time can be so much more meaningful than another scarf, CD, gadget, or trinket.
Time is more valuable than anything we can buy, so how about giving it as a gift?
How to Give the Gift of Time
In order to do this well, start by asking some questions to figure out where someone is struggling the most.
- Do they work full time and then spend all weekend running errands?
- Is preparing family meals difficult?
- Do they have a hard time with driving?
- Are they lonely?
- Are there chores they can’t get around to?
You can do something meaningful by making their life easier and you can build your relationship at the same time.
You may be thinking … How can I give my time when I don’t even have enough for myself?
There are two great ways to make this happen:
- Include someone in something you’re already going to be doing, or
- Give them a Gift of Time Coupon that can be redeemed in the future when you will have more free time
Download the FREE Gift of Time coupons, below.
30 Gift of Time Ideas
Here are some ideas of how to share some of your time and save your budget at the same time.
Last-Minute Gifts For Adults
- Make someone a meal, bring it to their home and either drop it off or spend the evening with them.
- Invite them to join you for coffee and a walk
- Go to a Botanical Garden Together
- Give a book, then schedule a time to read it to them or read it separately and discuss it
- Schedule time to run their errands
- Help with housework or outdoor chores
- Take them to a museum
- Give a free night of babysitting
- Help someone set up their technology: think Facebook, Instagram, Camera, iPhone
- Take them to a ballgame
- Invite someone for a special dinner
- Are you planning to go to a movie? Bring someone along.
- Going to a concert or play? Invite a friend.
- Do you always go shopping on the weekend? Offer to do someone else’s shopping
- Teach someone to make your Grandma’s famous banana bread
Last-Minute Gifts For Kids
- Stomp in the puddles together
- Go Sledding and follow-up with some cocoa
- Have a Game Night
- Plan a Family Slumber Party
- Give a Fancy Dinner Date with Mom or Dad
- Go Bowling together
- Give Coupons to stay up late
- Have a Spa Day (this works for young girls to grandmas)
- Give a teenager driving lessons
- Go out for FroYo
- Make a craft together
- Give a cooking lesson
- Play Disc Golf
- Create a calendar with pre-filled dates
- Plan a Snowball fight
These are just a few ideas, use them to spark even more ideas. Remember … you’re thinking of something meaningful to them and you. Make sure you pin this to come back to later. These gift of time ideas aren’t limited to using just at Christmas. They’ll work all throughout the year.
What to Keep On Hand for Last-Minute Gifts
It’s helpful to have a few things on hand in order to give these last-minute gifts. Here’s my shortlist.
- Card Envelopes
- Washi Tape – to decorate your envelope for any occasion
- Gift bags
- Gift boxes
Download the Gift of Time coupons to fill out and give to your loved one. Just print them out, fill in the gift and put it in a card envelope.
If you’re giving them a gift they’ll redeem in the future, make sure to get it on the calendar right away. It can be easy to give a gift coupon, then forget to get around to honoring it, so whatever you choose to give, make sure to actually plan a time for it.
This year, think about blessing the people in your lives with you … your time. I bet they will love it.
And, it just might end up being your favorite way to give all year.