This Zaycon Fresh Review will lay out for you our experience with Zaycon Fresh. We’ve been using them for about a year and
have no reason to stop. Unfortunatey, we can no longer use Zaycon 🙁
Zaycon Fresh Has Closed Its Operation – I don’t know yet if this is a temporary or permanent situation, but for now you can no longer place orders.
Here are some other articles from Treasured Mom that you may be interested in:
- 10 Secret Ways to Save Money on Meat
- 10 Killer Ways to Save Money on Groceries
- 15 Essential Frugal Pantry Staples – That Will Save You Money
Even though Zaycon Fresh is out of business, I still buy my meat in bulk when it is at its lowest price at the grocery store and package up Freezer Meals.
Saving money on meat should be our first goal when we do any grocery shopping. It is usually the highest priced item in our cart and runs up the grocery total fast. There are many ways to Save Money on Meat and my favorite way is to buy in bulk. I’ll share how I score the best price on meat and give you my Zaycon Fresh Review.
This post contains affiliate links. This means … if you purchase a product through one of my links, I make a small commission – at no additional cost to you. I really appreciate your support and you can trust that I only promote products I believe in. Read my full disclosure for more details.
Sometimes, I’ll buy in bulk at the grocery store, but it really is hit or miss with whether I will be able to find a great deal that week. Usually, there is one type of meat each week that hits my price point, but I’m not always that lucky.
That’s why I have fallen in love with Zaycon Fresh. Because I order with them ahead of time, I know just what the price will be and I can really stock up at that price.
What is Zaycon Fresh?
You can think of Zaycon Fresh as a type of food co-op, and in this case specifically, a meat co-op.
Have you ever been a part of a food co-op for produce or purchasing other types of foods in bulk and direct from the source? Well, it is similar in nature.
Buying via a food co-op leads to higher quality due to direct relationships with the producer, fresher food again because of the direct relationship, as well as lower prices because you are cutting out the middleman (i.e. the grocery store). It’s a smart food buying concept.
How does it work?
Zaycon Fresh Foods is a nationwide meat co-op. It is a unique process, but the quality, freshness, and value, surpass most meats you can buy elsewhere.
- You order your meat ahead of time, so they can get a good discount on the meat.
- You order the meats in bulk. Generally 40 lb cases at a time. Many families split a case.
- Sale offerings are changing all of the time. That’s why you need to get on their mailing list right away. There are several options, but each is only offered a few times per year.
- At the specified day/time of your local pickup, a refrigerated truck will arrive in your
- Drive to your pickup location on the day and time of your pickup event in a parking lot.
- You don’t even have to get out of your car. Just pull-up in line, roll down your window, give the driver your name, pop your trunk and they will place a plastic sheet down to protect your vehicle and load your order into your trunk.
- Drive home with your order!
- The whole process is just a few minutes, which makes it very convenient!
- Feel free to read the FAQ to help answer additional questions.
What do I do with so much meat?
Some people will split the box with family, friends, or a neighbor. I’ve gotten together with friends to do a freezer meal prep session, too. Now, I just get my family to help prep our own freezer meals.
If you don’t want to make freezer meals, you can easily divide it into freezer bags and stock your freezer. This should take you under an hour and you will end up with approximately 40 packages of chicken to make a meal out of.
Why would I buy my meat this way instead of the grocery store?
It’s amazing to think that most of the meat sitting at the grocery store has been there or on a truck for maybe weeks before we get it. I love knowing that the meat I get from Zaycon gets to my freezer within just a few days, directly from the farms, which means it is very fresh. There are more reasons, though.
- The cost is 30–50% less than the grocery store depending on the meat selected.
- Most of the meat is delivered farm fresh, never frozen (there are some exceptions like
the Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon, that’s a little difficult to deliver fresh from Alaska).
- The quality is compared to the higher quality options in the grocery store. The local farms
are hand-picked and Zaycon is committed to providing the highest quality. If at any time a farm
does not meet their strict standards, they will drop this farm and meat will not be available in
this area until an acceptable replacement is found. Isn’t it nice to know in this day and age, that someone is making a commitment to quality?
- It’s convenient! Having meat always in my freezer makes meal prep and planning so much easier. I always have something to cook that will go with whatever produce I have on hand.
- They are growing massively in popularity because people are always looking for Ways to Save Money on Groceries
- They have one of the highest customer retention rates in any industry. The proof is in the pudding!
How do I order?
Ordering is really easy!
Log on to the Zaycon site and register or login.
At the top of the page, click on shop by product or by location.
Find the meat offerings you are interested in.
You will find the details of the meat being offered.
If there is a coupon code, enter it at checkout.
At secure checkout, enter your payment information.
You will receive a confirmation email of your order and you will also see your order history under “My Account.”
Wait for your pickup date/time!
Is it worth it to shop this way?
Absolutely! If you’re looking for the best value on your meat purchases, this is the way to do it. The meat you get is high quality, fresh, and inexpensive.
- The breasts are very large (nearly a pound each). We had to cut them down to make portions for our family.
- You need to plan ahead. Sometimes you have to wait a couple months for the shipment.
- The breasts are usually still connected, so it takes a bit of trimming during processing. I don’t mind that because I buy that at the grocery store, anyway.
Even if you’re not sure that you’re ready to make your purchase, go sign up with Zaycon Fresh and you’ll be notified whenever they have a sale. I have never seen a sale with a price this great, but they are always promoting their meat products and offering great discounts.
10 MORE Ways
Get 10 More Awesome Ways to Save Money on Groceries! Save $100s each month.